Sunday, December 22, 2013

So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurts

I've enjoyed So Delicious coconut milk yogurt for quite some time now. All flavors are delicious, but my favorite is vanilla. It's so creamy and tasty, just the right balance of sweet and tart, and smooth just like dairy yogurt.

I am only able to find the vanilla flavor at the grocery store that's by my work rather than the one that's by my house. When my boyfriend went grocery shopping the other day he saw these new Greek style yogurts from So Delicious and picked up some almond milk vanilla flavored ones and some coconut milk blueberry flavored ones.

As you can see in the photos below, the containers are very similar. The shape is a bit different, however, and the Greek-style seems a bit thicker plastic construction. The Greek yogurt has Greek bordering / symbols on the label and is not the same circular shape when looking at the container from above as the regular coconut milk yogurts. There are some other minor differences, but it would be easy to pick up one for the other as a mistake if in a rush and not paying close enough attention.

The Greek style almond milk yogurt is definitely thicker than the regular style coconut milk yogurts. The texture is still very creamy and, to me, it seems like a mix between yogurt and pudding as far as consistency and appearance (see photo below). The vanilla yogurt has a bit of a chalky after taste to me. While the taste is not overwhelming, there are certainly more preferable varieties I would choose rather than the vanilla Greek style almond milk yogurt.

On the other hand, the blueberry flavored coconut milk Greek style yogurt is very delicious with no after taste. It still has a smooth, slightly thicker consistency (still much like a combination of pudding and yogurt). I think the coconut milk works a little better for yogurt than almond milk since coconut milk is naturally slightly bitter, just like dairy yogurt.

Overall, I will stick to occasionally buying the So Delicious Coconut Milk Vanilla flavored yogurt, as that's my favorite. Unfortunately, I can only buy it sporadically (especially when I have coupons!!) as it's a bit too expensive for my budget. : (


If you are looking to earn extra money from home (part-time OR full-time), now is the time to check out SFI!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy! I just added your blog to my follow list...good stuff, Beth

Kat Clouse
ttgems1@gmail.com

Bethany said...

Thanks, Kat. I appreciate your comment and support!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. It's gorgeous weather here today! : D