Sunday, November 17, 2013

EO Lotion: A Great Cruelty Free Full Body Lotion

While trying to use primarily vegan items (not tested on animals EVER or containing any animal ingredients), I found a brand on Amazon called EO (which I think means Everyday Organics, or Every One?, or is it Essential Oils???, but please let me know which one is accurate). Now, I know there are some things going on with Amazon that most people consider bad, but for those of us who live in the boondocks it's the most convenient and economical way to shop for items we cannot typically find without driving 100 miles to civilization (often with FREE SHIPPING!!). That being said, I first ordered EO's Everyday Body Lotion in Grapefruit & Mint. It is heavenly!!! It's my favorite lotion to this day. (Well, since I am unsure if Merry Hempsters still makes their unscented lotion which was great with a mild hempy scent...)

The EO lotion is so light and smooth that my skin feels hydrated immediately. It's sensitive (and natural) enough to use even on my face and other sensitive areas where I'd break out with most types of lotions, even those designed for sensitive skin. The scent is light and fruit yet enough to notice. It quickly absorbs into my skin without leaving a greasy or oily residue behind and my hands, and wherever else I apply the lotion, feel soft and moisturized. Ingredients include mostly organic jojoba, grapefruit and peppermint essential oils, chamomile, aloe vera, white tea, sesame oil, mango and rice protein and more. I like that the products are mostly natural and organic, yet the price is reasonable. I see no parabens or dyes listed in the ingredients.

I know the product is cruelty free, which is probably the best part! LeapingBunny.org (http://leapingbunny.org/skin.php) shows the product as: "EO Products, Web: www.eoproducts.com
We've been in business for nearly 12 years, exploring the possibilities of Mother Nature with the belief that beautiful body care products could be made with pure and organic ingredients. We wanted to prove that gentle is also immensely effective."

I have also tried the unscented, which is also fabulous, and the Rose Chamomile, which was good as far as being mild, hydrating, and producing great results from a lotion, but I didn't much care for the scent. However, if you prefer a strongly herbal scent it may appeal to you.

The lotions come in a convenient size of 8 ounces (240 mL), and sometimes larger sizes such as 32 ounces (with a convenient and hygienic pump for about $8 a bottle), and they last a good bit of time as a little goes a long way with this superior product.

EO manufactures lotions, obviously, but also other skincare products such as shower gels, hand soaps, and a full range of men's products and more -- all in many different scents. Check them out, you won't be disappointed!


No comments: